Queensland residents may be eligible for government funding to heavily subsidise approved Certificate III level qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
Financial Options Available
This is a loan provided to students by the Australian Government. It can cover part or whole course costs and It is only available on approved courses. Students will only pay the loan back if they earn over $54,869 for the 2016-17 financial year.
Students are able pay for courses upfront or may also choose to pay by instalments
To be eligible for VET FEE-HELP, you must
- meet the mandatory entry requirements set by the Australia Government; and
- be an Australian citizen, or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study, or the holder of a New Zealand Special Category Visa that meets certain eligibility requirements; and
- meet the tax file number requirements; and
- not have exceeded the FEE-HELP Loan Limit, which is $99,389 (2016); and
- have completed and provided the RTO with a Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance form, no less than 2 business days before the census date of the first study period.
To be eligible for Certificate 3 Guarantee funding, you must:
- meet the mandatory entry requirements set by the Queensland Government; and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen who currently resides in Queensland
- be 15 years of age or above
- no longer be attending school
- have not completed a certificate III or above.
VET FEE HELP
If you are considering study but the upfront course costs are stopping you from achieving your goals, then VET FEE HELP may be the answer. The VET FEE-HELP scheme allows you to study now and pay for your course later.
VET FEE-HELP is a loan for all or part of your tuition fees, which the Australian Government pays directly to the VET FEE-HELP Provider. You don’t have to make any repayments until your income reaches the compulsory repayment threshold, which for the 2016/17 income year is $54,869. The loan is then repaid through the tax system and you will only be charged 4% of your Gross Annual Income once you earn over $54,869 with a maximum of 8% once you earn $101,900 and above.